Sunday, April 27, 2008

PLN 14

I decided to respond to Mr. Fisch’s post called, “The Need for Texbooks” which discussed the importance…or in this case un-importance of textbooks these days.

Mr. Fisch,

When I read this post I have to admit it made me laugh a little that textbooks’ only purpose is to protect our heads incase of a tornado. In a way I hope text books stick around because I don’t think my teacher would be too happy about me using a laptop to protect my head… in fact my body would probably be instructed to protect the laptop. This obviously saying that technology will soon completely replace all textbooks and maybe paper used in school altogether! If you think about what would be the harm in having online tests, or worksheets that you can just email the assignments to your teacher. It could save a whole lot of trees. I honestly can’t remember the last time I even brought home a textbook; I have always just accessed the online version from my computer at home. Then again what about the schools that are barely keeping up with having enough textbooks for each student, how could they afford to use laptops, or put the homework on a CD? I guess only time will tell what advancements will be made and how they will all work out.

No comments: