Sunday, November 4, 2007

PLN week-8 post-16

In an article I read called “Bringing Your Heart With You” by David Warlick which I found on his web page at http://davidwarlick.com/2cents/2007/10/25/bringing-your-heart-with-you/ was him briefly talking about an experience he recently had at a business conference he attended. A speaker there was talking about how workers should love their jobs. He said, “You want your employees to bring their hearts with them to their jobs.” This comment was pretty much the base of what this post was about.

This article related to me and my school because I think that it is very important that my teachers have a positive attitude about their job. When ever I see a teacher that just looks miserable and is being very bitter towards their students I always say to myself, “then why would somebody who hates kids, and teaching, become a teacher?!” I have had numerous teachers and even counselors or nurses, or attendance ladies in the front office who have had very disgruntled attitudes.

When one of my teachers has such a grumpy attitude it affects my learning experience. That crummy attitude will sometimes rub off on me and I will start to think “well if they don’t want to be here, why should I even be here?” I’m guessing that isn’t the attitude that a teacher is going to want from their students. So the simple solution is as Mr. Warlick stated before; bring your heart to work!

No comments: