Friday, October 26, 2007

PLNweek-6post-14

I decided to look into a little more on filtering. So that is why I read and article called, "Even More on Filtering" it obviously was going into more depth and discussion on filtering. I recently had a project in my English class where we made our own wikis. I wanted to put a video on our page but because of the filtering blocks I was unable to do so. I don't think that my grade suffered from this but I think it deffinately could have been improved if I had this vidoe on my project. That was just one of those times where filtering yet againn blocked and denied me from education. It wasn't a tragic loss of information but it was quite bothernsome to not be able to add a simple video. This is why I think they should cut down on filtering, but just still continue to block the un needed sites like Facebook, and Myspace. Filtering student computers can be positve, but it can also at times get in the way of learning.

No comments: