Wednesday, October 17, 2007

PLNweek-5Post-11

For my PLN i read an article called "Doctors Decisions" wich talked about a very tough subject. Of course a doctor is supposed to help its patient and ultimately making their life as long as healthy as possible. But in some certain tough situations it may be too late to save them. When I was reading this I thought of when people are on life support. I really dont think that people on life support are really living a life at all. If you know that this person has no life left then I think the best decision is to let them go. Keeping someone alive just so you don't have to loose them is wrong I think. This related to me, because recently I had a cat that had a stroke and could no longer walk. I really didn't want to put him down but I knew it was the right thing to do. Keeping him alive just so I wouldn't go through pain would be unfair. This is what I got from this powerful blog.

No comments: