Sunday, September 30, 2007

PLNweek-3post-6

In a post I read by Vicki A. Davis called, “Do we Need More than Text to Tell the Stories?” It was talking about how we are limiting ourselves to just writing and reading stories or information in schools. I think she has a very good point, with all of the other learning tools we have why just stick to the same one.

This relates to me because I am more of a kinesthetic learner so I do a lot better in activities when they are hands on learning and more interactive than just reading a book. In class if we were to do something even on a computer and more interactive, like the Google earth project I could get more involved and hopefully understand it better than reading out of a packet with no discussion.

This article gave good ideas on ways we could mix things up a bit and make leaning more enjoyable and more understandable. She said we should make these tools more available and have kids be familiarized to all of the possible resources. More than just text is a part of our learning experiences, there are other things like pictures and communicating that play major roles in our lives.

No comments: