Wednesday, March 5, 2008

PLN 2-sem2

For my second PLN I read an article on teen driving by Kieran Nicholson called, “Teen traffic deaths down in Colorado”. This article was about how the death rates for teen car accidents has gone down in the past year. This article really caught my eye because I have been doing a lot of research on this subject for pretty much this whole semester. I chose the topic of teen driving for my position paper for English class. In my paper I talked about the dangers in teen driving with distractions such as text messaging and other dangers like just overall being too inexperienced. Then for our recent PSA projects my group chose to do ours on wearing a seat belt while driving especially for driving and in the article authorities say,
“The number of Colorado teens killed in car crashes is down by more than a
third, but deaths could be even lower if more teens buckled up”

This topic relates to school in a way that many high school students are driving, and they are all at risk for accidents. So is everyone else on the road but teen drivers the most because they are the most inexperienced drivers. At our Arapahoe High School we have the Remember campaign reminding students to buckle up and take care of one another which I think that every school needs to do. I truly believe that this has helped a lot of the students to buckle up especially when coming or leaving school which is some improvement.

This relates to the world because every where in the United States there are teen drivers that are recklessly driving with out safety precautions such as wearing a seat belt. Car accidents are the leading cause of death for young people such as teenagers and majority of those people who died were not wearing their seatbelts. Just think that if all of those people would have just taken two seconds to buckle up they could still be alive today. Though there are improvements and the death rate has gone down it can always be better.

No comments: